Dangerous goods in passengers and crew baggage
Dangerous goods are articles or substances with properties hazardous for health, safety, property or environment which are listed in Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (ICAO Doc 9284 AN/905) or classified in accordance with the same Regulations.
Dangerous goods are forbidden for air transport for security and safety reasons, unless otherwise defined in ICAO/IATA Provisions for Dangerous Goods Carried by Passengers or Crew.
Dangerous goods are:
- Explosives (e.g. ammunition, pyrotechnic substances, etc.)
- Gases (e.g. camping gas cylinders, blue flame lighters, liquid oxygen devices, etc.)
- Flammable Liquids (e.g. paints, acetone, fuel contained in equipment, lighter fuel, diluents, etc.)
- Flammable Solids, Substances Liable to Spontaneous Combustion or
Substances which, in Contact with Water, Emit Flammable Gases (e.g. strike
anywhere matches, solid fuels, etc.)
- Oxidizing Substances and Organic Peroxides (e.g. oxidizers, organic peroxides, etc.)
- Toxic and Infectious Substances (e.g. insecticides, pesticides, viruses, bacteria,
diagnostic samples, medical and biological waste, etc.)
- Radioactive Materials
- Corrosives (e.g. mercury, acid batteries, etc.)
- Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods: Disabling Substances (e.g. intoxicating and
self-defence sprays, etc.), Electro Shockers (e.g. Taser, etc.),
- Security Equipment (e.g. safety briefcases, metal cash boxes, money bags, etc.),
- Magnetized Materials, etc.
During security screening of hand baggage, passenger is required to:
-report all liquids for inspection
-large electrical items, such as laptops, will need to go through X-ray machines separately, so get them ready by taking them out of your hand baggage.
-your coat and, if asked, your shoes will be inspected separately before the X-ray inspections, remove all your metal items (keys, pendants, etc.)
Never leave your baggage unattended. Every baggage will be removed by security staff. Be aware of airport security measures have your ID and passports always with you because aditional inspections are possible any time be careful and warn the airport staff on every unattended baggage.
Dont accept any baggage of unknown person At check-in You will be asked questions about your baggage contents be patient on delays caused by inspections of suspicious baggage wheelchairs and walking aids will be X-ray screened and thoroughly searched remember, you can leave keys, coins,wallets and mobile phones in your jacket or coat pockets, but take off your coat while you're in the queue so you're ready for the X-ray machines.